Monday, March 29, 2010

Why do drug dealers still live with their moms?

This chapter was very interesting to me and definitely held my attention. Their was many things I learned from this chapter that I never knew about. For instance, how huge crack gangs could be, or how much money they really make. I was flabbergasted when I read how much money each gang member makes but particularly the leader. It was interesting to find out how a crack dealers job, or profession in this case, works. Even though crack dealing is the most dangerous job in America, some people still devote all of their time into it and it blows my mind. However, what frustrated me the most throughout this chapter was how the criminals used their families lack of education and motivation to make a better life for themselves for a reason to go out on the streets and sell drugs. I don't understand why people don't look at their families way of life and realize that isn't
what they want for themselves. On the other hand however, the money they bring in doing such a risky job clearly pays off in the end. But knowing that somewhere down the line you, or someone you are involved with is going to end up in prison should right then stop you in your tracks and understand that it probably isn't a good idea. Before I started reading this chapter, I thought it was going to be more about why drug dealers live with their parents, but the author surprisingly didn't go into much detail with this subject. However, I still enjoyed reading this chapter and it defintely gave me a whole new prospective on drug dealers.

No comments:

Post a Comment