Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Chapter two FREAKONOMICS

This chapter was very interesting to me. When i first started reading i thought it was going to be a hard reading to get through but I was actually very easy. I didn't know much about the Ku Klux Klan before i read this and it gave me a completely different view on them. I knew how big and world wide they were but i didn't know how intense this group actually was. The things they did made me sick to my stomach. Another thing i found very fascinating was their handshake and the question they would ask if they located a brethren in a strange town. However, my favorite part was how Stetson Kennedy basically destroyed the Klan in Atlanta with such a bright strategy. The fact that a man would go to meetings and attack the Klan by acting interested and discovering all of their top secrets is phenomenal. If it wasn't for people like him this society would have more groups like the KKK that would be destroying our towns.

No comments:

Post a Comment