Monday, February 8, 2010

The Sport taboo and Censoring Myself

In “The Sports Taboo,” I found it really interesting when the author said “The assumption is that the whole project of trying to get us to treat each other the same will be undermined if we don’t agree that under the skin we actually are the same.” I understand what he is trying to say, but how can we actually say we are all the same under the skin if records prove that black people and white people have different skills when it comes to sports? Is it all in our head? Do black people only run faster because they feel like they have to in order to keep their status quo? I don’t believe that is true, but some people might. I think different races are completely different in every way, sports included. All races have different specialties, and that’s just something all athletes need to accept.
“Censoring Myself” to me was a little bit difficult to read. I found it a little boring because I couldn’t really relate to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment